New game mode suggestion - Roleplay/Resident-evil-esque stuff (WIP)

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm
by [AK]holy123 • Server Administrator | 1.088 Posts | 2572 Points

Seriously if you hate walls of text you should really quit by now.
I mean it's very long, your mind might get blown in the process of processing this information. (Process-ception)
Last warning.

hav sum of my mlg english mproevmtn niqas

Alright, I like your rebellious acts, you can keep going.

Why don't we revise what we have now?

In a nutshell, here's how the server goes.

*Human spawn
*Zombie spawn
*Human class: Engineer (ladderspam)
*Zombie Class: Boomer & Tank (rapespam)
*Human vroom vroom to camp spot
*Zombies bang boom humans
*T-T and sex-like moaning for 4 rounds
*Rage quit
*End round
*reset

There's about, maybe 19 Classes? They aren't even balanced lol, not to mention the half Spanish community who doesn't even understand your English.
Let alone the rules and persistent, egoistic players.
Maybe bash in some of the maps who have a lot of camp spots and the amount of rage-quits included.

I'm not making a fuss about it, the gamemode is great but it has some flaws too.
Oh hold on a second too, let me whine about how bad this Forum is, along with it's capabilities. Try out SMF or Xenporta. (You'd rather have paid Forums with great capabilities rather than a poor-ass free forum.)

Let me assume that this is the "Story" of the "Server-plot itself"
-crazy-ass scientists fucked up something in the lab
-bad-ass virus spread around and turned them into zombies
-old men (hershel) and bouncers decided to ditch their hoes to fight for life
-they go from place to place and find zombies everywhere
-kill or die

Now I don't know if most of you can Role-play, but I'm very sure that at least Chucky and Archer can, calling for their great English skills and fluency. I on the other hand have experienced with Role-play, and all I can say is that it's very fun as long as rules are followed and T-T is kept away.

During this period, I have played around heavy Role-play servers (fuck LS-RP anyway, MTA best), but I have only seen ONE Role-play server based around Zombies, and of course it's Russian.
Point is, if some of you like Role-play and SeV agrees, we might get along and make up a Zombie Role-play server.

It might be really troublesome and take time, but the "output" will be great, as long as people who can Role-play come of course.
Let me show you the basics of this gamemode in about 200 lines.

Following the normal "Scientists fucked up" and "Virus Spread", we'll ditch San Fierro and keep Las Venturas & Los Santos, Las Venturas being the source of the Virus. At the start of the story, mainly the first players will be portrayed as the Scientists, whereas the Virus will be portrayed as some type of, well... Virus. Starting with the first minute, Virus will spread to the scientists who were included in that random experiment, and will be turned to Zombies.

And no, these zombies won't be your everyday "boom headshot" type, Zombies as in movies, might need to puncture them a load to kill them.
This means, the base will easily be overrun by the Zombies, and they will create a sort of.. Well, they will maximize their numbers by having sex? (Dunno how zombies work lol) Well of course they won't be moaning and having fetishes, let's say after the Area 51 is overrun, a spot will be created there to spawn the killed "Zombie Players" (Bots are dumb af, so it's a no-go).

You'd say "emg holi base has army doods with m4 u no?" Hell, even the Army failed to stop them, let your everyday backyard neighbor with a shovel deal with it.
Technically, some of our sacrifices (Players) will be the poor army guys, but in reward they'll get to rape us.

Let's keep going, after the base is overrun, Zombies will somehow bite the legit steel gate open and rush out as if it's raining gold. That's when we humans get in the business.
News companies will spread the news, everyone will be alerted about this critical situation and will seek weaponry and shelter. San Fierro naval base (USMC Clan (hi luffy)) will be your everyday savior, they will be in San Fierro of course and they'll have to travel to Las Venturas to get rid of the baddies, of course they can either fail or win, everything is between their hands.

These normal Zombies will have about 300 HP. Zombies are Stronger, Tougher, Thicker, Dumber, Slower and more unorganized than Humans. Humans, on the other hand, are Smarter, Faster, Weaker, more organized and depend on strategies over than first-on-the-line and head-on attacks.
So, when the USMC doods reach Las Venturas and get to Area 51, their priority is to take down the Zombies, each will have to take 50 shots to kill one, by then there will be about 100 Zombies (Certain players will be put into Zombie team, some in Human when they first join). 70% they will fail, because plot armor for zombies.

When they fail, these dudes will be converted to Zombies with stronger stats, about 500 HP each, and the ability to Infect others by biting them (Punching Humans, 20% chance to be infected). On a side note, Zombies won't have Chainsaws, only Boss zombies may have some weapons, and Chainsaws are very limited.

These zombies shall now have their march towards Las Venturas and then to Los Santos. Now let's talk about the Zombies a little and their current classes at the start of the invasion.

Zombie Scientist
300 HP
Can punch humans, 10 Damage
Can infect with a 20% chance

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wroot/images2/8/82/Skin_101.png

Zombie Marine
500 HP
Can punch Humans, 15 Damage
Can Infect with a 20% chance

These two zombie types are slow-ish but deadly (Hershel run style), Zombie Marines are rare and limited, but Zombie Scientists will just keep pouring in.

That's it for the Prologue.
Let's proceed to Part II

In the case where the Marines fail to stop the Zombies, 80% chance that is, the Zombies will break out of Area 51 and will march to Las Venturas. When you first join the server, you'll either be permanently set as a Zombie (Can be changed during cures by scientists and such (oh as a zombie you can't just go and "lol hi pls cure"), or as a Human who can be converted to a Zombie if killed (70% Chance you'll spawn as a Human).
This all will happen after registration, once you register you can choose a city you want to live in. Most of you will go straight to Los Santos because it's far away and they have plenty of time to decide where to go, to balance it I'll put on a little thingy here.

-Farther than Las Venturas and the Infection source
-Safer and allows more time
-Contains a lot of places where to get weapons or hook up with a team
-Contains decent houses with towers and barricades
-Can easily flee if chased

-Can easily be killed by red-headed gangs or such for self-profit
-Can't really trust anyone other than yourself and your friends
-Old cars and equipment, overrun by ghetto

-Newer equipment and cars
-Ability to easily hook yourself up with the surviving marines to survive longer
-Can easily trust most people to deal with
-No gang trouble

-Very open and straight-forward, hard time to flee if chased
-Rare and scarce well-equipped houses

And after choosing your spawn point, you are to choose a skin. But be careful! Each skin group will be converted to a Zombie type when killed.

Fat skins will be transformed into Boomer zombie (Classic one eh?)
This boomer will only have 200 HP and is very slow (Fat running style)
This Zombie cannot infect and can only punch for 5 Damage
(This is to balance the explosive power)

Female skins will be transformed into Female Zombies
These Female Zombies are slightly faster, and the more female Zombies there is, the lower the chance Humans will spawn when first registered. This can go down to 40% Chance to be a human.
They have 250 HP, can infect and punch for 15 Damage. (20% Chance to infect)

Hobos will be transformed into Hunter Zombie
They can jump higher, are slightly faster (Default Ped Running)
They have 250 HP, and can punch for 20 Damage.
They can Infect with a 20% Chance for each punch

Gang Members will be transformed into Mutated Zombie
They can infect with a 30% Chance, are fast enough to keep up with you -(Default Ped Running)
They have 350 HP, and can punch for only 5% Damage

How does Infection Work?

Well, once you are Infected, you have 1 Real life day (24 Hours) to get a cure.
In the first 4 Hours, you will be normal
In the second 4 Hours, you'll get the drunk effect
In the third 4 Hours, you'll become slower
In the fourth 4 Hours, you'll lose your connection with the real world and you'll gain the HP that marks your class (Skin)
In the fifth 4 Hours, you'll be turned partially to a Zombie and gain the punch damage
In the sixth 4 Hours, you'll be fully turned to a Zombie and you can infect others.

(This is a WIP, I won't bother completing it unless I get your opinions first, after enough positive votes I'll proceed to finish this).

You're risking your neck for this stupid signature?
Scroll up

RE: New game mode suggestion - Roleplay/Resident-evil-esque stuff (WIP)

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:37 pm
by Vector • Server Moderator | 924 Posts | 2360 Points

This is more than just perfect , what really bothers me is SeV and some other players which might not agree with it ..
Also , if it's going to be roleplay , let's not keep scripts to limit our ideas (first go there , then here and then do the same shit again) let's make it pure roleplay

Some players are zombies , some are humans , but we will need bots indeed , it's an apocalypse and if bots fuck your ass up you get turned and join their armies ..

In order to get cured you must infect people , and if all humans die , then everyone who just enter the server will spawn as a human , this can go in a endless round which will give us opportunity to roleplay more.

I'm as well experienced player in roleplay and know a few things so , i totally go with this idea and holy , damn great idea...

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:55 pm

It's not finished yet.
The reason why I decided to not allow bots, it's because their AI is not very advanced enough and they just follow you (To the point where you can only run) while sometimes they teleport around if cornered.
I decided to not keep this a "round-ish" thingy because it's Survival, there is a goal. The goal is to stop the infection from the source while buying weapons and finding shelters with your mates (USMC-STARS-UC Trio eh? We only need Chucky).
The script limitation in Sa-mp is bad, but I'm very sure that SeV has no experience with MTA's Lua (Unless he does, that'd be awesome), so of course we'll put some rules and such to avoid routine and déja vu stuff.

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:17 pm
by decapitatoR • 113 Posts | 381 Points

So nu cbug? :'(

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Quote: BronX wrote in post #4
So nu cbug? :'(

Would you rather enjoy a virtual new adventure with a lot of features...
Or run and bash Zombies indefinitely with C-bug until you die?

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Just you know, i'm not an experienced with roleplay as you, since i didn't play it even a single time ( i'm finding it kinda boring xd). But your suggestion does not sounds like an usual rp server, so it's might be a good innovative idea, but i also love an old gamemode of ZE with all his things n shit so i will stay neutral untill you will finish it.

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Quote: BronX wrote in post #6
Just you know, i'm not an experienced with roleplay as you, since i didn't play it even a single time ( i'm finding it kinda boring xd). But your suggestion does not sounds like an usual rp server, so it's might be a good innovative idea, but i also love an old gamemode of ZE with all his things n shit so i will stay neutral untill you will finish it.

Sure thing, but if you haven't noticed, the Classes are still in place and some of the mechanisms are, just that this Gamemode relies on Teamwork, Role-play and open-space-ish tho.
If I notice that many players don't have experience with Role-play, I'll host a "school" with Vector if he agrees. That is IF SeV accepts this suggestion, which has an once in a lifetime chance.

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:48 pm
by Chucky • Server Administrator | 587 Posts | 1487 Points

I like the idea. Sadly, it is quite possible that most players will disagree. We're all used to the old ZE. The gamemode only needs to be balanced a bit and boom, it's done, everyone happy.

I used to be a badass roleplayer. Then I took a bullet to the knee, and went to DM servers and completely forgot about RP. I used to type 3 complete lines about a single action back in my day...

Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:22 pm
by SeV • Owner | 2.998 Posts | 5762 Points

I created a whole new zombie gamemode, it's Zombie TDM. A bit similar to the Counter Strike Zombie Mod Servers on CSS. We had a script similar to this once, but this one is much better. I don't know if i will ever host this on a server but this right here seems too like a nice idea. I learned some LUA, but i wouldn't say im perfect in it. But for now, i don't even know if i will create a new server ever again.

Last edited Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 am | Scroll up

in Server-Discussion Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:52 pm

HI SEV

Scroll up

Legend: Owner Head Administrators Server Administrators Server Moderators Trial Moderators Normal Users Past Admins Banned
Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 172 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 4349 topics and 29224 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 693 users on Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:25 am..